Welcome!

Welcome to the blog! In case you wandered here by accident, I am Eric Vichich, a photographer in the Tampa Bay area. As an associate photographer with Tampa Photo I am always out and about shooting events and meeting new and interesting people. Our web site provides lots of great information and image galleries, but I wanted to offer something a little more in-depth that will allow others to learn about me on a more casual and intimate level.

When these "blog" things first started appearing I promised myself I would never be a part of it. But, blogs have evolved and grown into very productive and effective methods of communication on various levels. This blog is to serve several purposes:

1) To give clients a better understanding of me as a person and for them to gain greater insight into what they can expect in terms of product and personality.

2) For me to have the opportunity to share current images from recent events. I plan to not just post images, but accompany them with explanations of my techniques and my reasoning for capturing a scene a certain way.

3) To have fun and stay connected to all the great folks I meet through photography!

Hopefully this will be one of the few posts without images. There are lots of photo forums on the internet where "professional" photographers sit around all day and talk about photography. I prefer to shoot pictures rather than talk about them. The proof is in the pudding, and that is what I am going to show you.

Stay tuned.

No comments: