Harbison State Forest

I recently had the opportunity to go for a short hike in Harbison State Forest in South Carolina. I didn't take too many photos but did manage come home with a few.

Tis the season for blazing star. I found a nice patch of these in full bloom adjacent to a large meadow.

I was happy to find this large meadow after leaving the trail.

An interesting bug visits some Queen Anne's Lace flowers.

A vine of some sort climbs up a pine tree.

Everywhere I went the goldenrod was blooming nicely. This little scene seemed to represent fall with all the rusty orange and yellow colors.

This isn't a great photo, but I just love seeing a nice open forest that you can wander through freely. The soft bed of pine needles everywhere was a bonus.

These photos were from a recent trip to SC. I took lots of photos so I will be posting them gradually in the coming days. Stay tuned.

No comments: