Melissa and Ryan, Lange Farm Wedding

Melissa and Ryan were married back at the beginning of April. I was the second shooter backing up MJ. This was another Lange Farm wedding, but the ceremony was held at a church nearby.

Here is a nice shot of the couple connecting soon after becoming husband and wife.

The church had these wonderful stainged glass windows at the entry. They provided the perfect opportunity for a dramatically lit image.

The couple exits the ceremony to a shower of flower petals.

I was having some fun with super wide angle lens at the reception. Usually, I would switch to a more normal lens for something as important as the cake cutting, but as the second shooter I was able to experiment a little bit. I am real happy with the end result. The cake was nice enough to stand as the subject of the photo while letting the couple act as a nice background element.

The guys in the band looked to cool for just a normal brightly and evenly exposed photo. A snooted flash high on a stand adds contrast and only lights the part of the photo I want to emphasize.

All the guys headed outside for some nice cigars. A snooted flash creates a nice vignette effect drawing your eye to Ryan.

And then I played around for a minute with some more creative lighting as I shot just Ryan.

Congratulations Melissa and Ryan. I was a pleasure to shoot your wedding. I really enjoy being the second shooter sometimes so I can let the main shooter worry about the priority shots. I can have the flexibility to take more risks and spend time exploring other themes within the wedding day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Eric! We can't wait to see the rest of the photos!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very creative. You've got really great ideas and I can tell you enjoy your work. Can't wait to see the full gallery of pictures!

Sandy Plunkett