Featured on "Portraits of the World"

Every so often I post some of my pics on Flickr which is kind of an online photo community/sharing/networking site. Portraits of the World is a blog that posts one photo (portrait) from Flickr each day. They kind of pick themes and one of the recent themes was smoking. This image was chosen for Sept. 22. You can either scroll down the main page of their site or go directly to the pic here.
This was a fun image to make. It was done for an assignment to make a portrait using a snoot. A snoot bascially focuses the light from a flash into a concentrated beam. A snooted flash was beside and a little behind me aimed where I thought the smoke would go. Another flash was in an umbrella aimed at me but set very low to make sure the emphasis was on the smoke.

No comments: