MSgt. Walker Retirement Ceremony

MSgt. Ivan Walker recently retired from the US Air Force and asked me to cover the event. Here are a few of my favorite shots from the event.

If I recall correctly, this is Ivan's daughter being recognized for her sacrifices that have allowed her father to dedicate so much of himself to serving his country.

The flag is opened in front of those attending the ceremony before it is folded.

The folded flag is presented to MSgt. Walker's mother.

Apparently, there were a few bets as to whether or not we would see some tears. My light was set up on the left side of the room. Shooting from the right side for a few frames produced a more dramatic effect, and paid off with this sincere moment with the US flag in the background.

There were plenty of tears in the crowd as well. With lots of family in attendance, and such emotion, it was obvious how special this occasion was.

And finally, a nice family moment. This was taken as a test shot before we actually started with the group shots. But as usual, my favorite shot is from when they are relaxed and not worrying about me.

Congratulations MSgt. Walker! Best of luck in your next journey.


No comments: