Rett's First Birthday

OK, so some of you are going to say "What, pay a photographer to cover my kid's birthday party? I'll just take a few photos myself or give that job to Aunt Clara." But then you have to check on the grill, replenish the plates and napkins, greet and mingle with your guests and most importantly enjoy yourself. Inevitably, the camera stays in your pocket or in your purse and you are lucky if you remember to snap one shot of the birthday boy with the cake.

Kids grow up fast and photos from this period become priceless keepsakes to enjoy for years to come. I like to imagine an adult Rett going back through an album looking at these pictures with a big smile on his face.

Now I will hand it over to Rett so he can personally guide you through his first birthday party.

Hello? Is anyone out there? Oh, hi there! My name is Rett and I just celebrated my first birthday with the help of lots of friends and family. We had this AWESOME photographer there that took tons of pictures so my mommy and daddy could concentrate on having fun. Thanks to everyone who was there. And if you weren't there, hopefully these pictures will make you feel like you were.

I love my mommy (adults call her Karen). Even though I was real busy playing with everyone I still managed to find a few minutes for mom.

Here is one of my friends. So far I've learned that boys like to get dirty and I must say, I am getting pretty good at it myself.

Mom and dad set up this great inflatable bouncy thing. I am not sure everyone realized you were supposed to just stand inside and bounce up and down.

Grandpa's arms are so comfy! And Aunt Emily gives the best high-fives!

Aw, mom, you shouldn't have! It's my own personal cake to destroy!

Eeeewwww...I guess I am just not in cake mood right now! Don't worry everybody, I am not sunburned. Eric was using available light for this shot and that red is from a "focus-assist" light on another camera. I like it! I think it goes well with my sinister look of disgust!

Oh man, I love bubbles. They are so fun! And ladies, thanks for the support. I can walk on cobblestones and I can play with bubbles but I haven't quite mastered both at the same time yet.

My dad is great. After the pinata was busted, he made sure to get every last bit of candy out for all my friends.

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I hoped you enjoyed this glimpse into my first birthday party! Has it been a year already?! Wow, time flies when you're having fun! Bye!

No comments: